3-Day Advanced Informant School
Prerequisites: Must be a Federal,State,Municipal Agent, Officer, Intelligence Analyst or Investigative Analyst in the U.S. or U.S territories.
Minimum and Maximum Number of Attendees: 16 - 36 Students
Registration fee to attend the course: $295
Time: 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. (Three training days)
Training location: Cypress Creek Fire Department, Station #24, 12073 Perry Road, Houston, Texas 77070
After completion of all practical application exercises and achieving a passing score of 80% on the combined Course #1, Course #2 and Course #3 examination, students will be issued a Certificate of Completion listing the following four course segments:
Course #1: Potential Confidential Informants - Locating and Selecting
Course #2: Potential Confidential Informants - Assessment and Recruitment
Course #3: Confidential Informants - Handling and Development
Course #4: Confidential Informants - Report Writing and Evaluation
This is an interactive course introducing a comprehensive and new strategy to Select, Recruit and Operate Confidential Informants. Participation in practical application exercises is expected and necessary for all students to achieve a successful passing score! This course will benefit the seasoned agent, officer or analyst, and newly assigned professionals considering investigative assignments utilizing Confidential Informants.
By the end of the four-course segment, participants will have a thorough understanding of the following objectives:
- The proactive approach to locating and screening the best Potential Confidential Informant (PCI) candidates for Access, Ability, Willingness, Discretion, 360 Awareness, Availability and Suitability Match to the Specific Informant Blueprint (SIB) prior to officer contact.
- The utilization of a Recruitment Proposition Diagram (RPD), to develop a successful Confidential Informant (CI) recruitment strategy, assessing potential CI Gains, Losses, Motivations, Reluctance and Rebuttals toward recruitment.
- The direction of CI evidence and intelligence collection, Contact/Meeting Plans (locations, security protocols-officer/CI safety, contingencies and communication devices), Surveillance Detection, and electronic surveillance (recorders and transmitters).
- The production of accurately written reports to the investigative file without revealing the identity of the CI and indexing additional CI assessment data.
The objectives above will be evaluated through student participation and completion during:
- Classroom discussion
- Individual and group activities completion
- Screening and Rating exercises
- Recruitment Proposition Diagram breakout sessions
- Role-playing recruitment interview exercises
- Off-site surveillance detection exercises
- Specific CI collection exercise
- Report writing evaluation exercises
- Evaluating CI performance group exercises
- One final examination (multiple choice and true/false)
Items required by students attending the course: pen, note pad, phone and vehicle (for 4-mile surveillance detection route).
Students will be provided with a spiral workbook, including all PowerPoint slides, forms and handouts utilized during the course.
Wingate - Willowbrook at 9050 Mills Rd, Houston, TX 77070
La Quinta Inn & Suites - Willowbrook at 8383 Farm to Market 1960 Rd W, Houston, TX 77070
Candlewood Suites - Willowbrook at 8719 Farm to Market 1960 Rd W, Houston, TX 7707